•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Darius 6 months ago.

• Author

Daniel F
    Keymaster

I just found this on a makersmuse video..?  Is it accurate? Its a comment by a viewer named Chris.

Chris Wilson för 1 vecka sedan
    I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but it’s a biggie: I use S3D as well, but I feel it’s important to let all S3D users know there’s a form of DRM attached. Any GCODE generated from Simplify3D is OWNED by Simplify3D, so technically you’re not allowed to give that GCODE to anyone else, because, well… you don’t own it, Simplify3D does. This is a dick move on their part and they dance around the whole question when asked, but it’s there if you read the legal documentation.

It’s made me want to move towards Craftware as my slicer of choice.

…Something to think about before spending the 130 USD on the product.

If it is its fucking terrible… :/

Profile photo of 3DPrintingNerd
    3DPrintingNerd
    Participant

Hey Daniel. I reached out to my contact at Simplify3D, and this is, in fact, 100% false. They do not own any of the gcode created from their application. I don’t know what legal documentation this person was reading, but I read the EULA, and in no way does it say any of this.

Reach out to me if you have any further questions.

Darius
    Participant

thats a relief. its recognised by many as the best slicer. would’ve been very odd.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •