Printing phone case

• Posted In: 3D modeling

• Participant

Hi guys i want to design some phone case for my phone (xiaomi) but i cant find any .stl file for my xiaomi phone. Im afraid after i printed the design out the size can’t matched with my phone. Do you have any suggestion what should i do? I know there are some 3d scanner but i think that quite expensive is there any other alternative?

• Participant

The method of iterations and subsequent correction of a 3D-file. 3D-printer is not a one-time printer.

• Participant

That flew right over my head! Are you talking about the difficulty of working with the 3D printer files? That’s one thing I haven’t got to experience yet. I read about people downloading files from the web to their 3D printers and just hitting “print” to start making that part and other times I read about people writing codes to print. I think I will be a person that prints files straight from the web at first!! But I’m sure I will be learning code to open up all the things my printer can do. But that will come with time. I hope the files aren’t too hard to work with. I’m thinking I will have my head buried in a book for the frst few weeks learning all about it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.