Nozzle for Monoprice Maker Select Plus?

• Posted In: 3D printers

• Participant

I’m looking to replace the nozzle for my stock MS Plus. I’ve noticed that the tip has a bit of a bend in the lip and seems to be causing problems with the filament curling. Is there a particular nozzle or type of nozzle to get? I’m a bit confused by the specifications floating around out there *MK8, MK10, stainless…) and don’t want to get something that doesn’t fit. An inexpensive upgrade would be welcome, but I’m not going crazy.

• Participant

It looks like you need a MK10-MK11 nozzle. (mk10-mk11 being the thread size) From what I can tell the MP Maker Select Plus is a rebranded Wanhao Duplicator I3 Plus. So when you are looking for parts make sure it says its compatible with either printer.

As for nozzles, if you are planning on printing anything abrasive (carbon fiber, metal composite, glow-in-the-dark) you should upgrade to a hardened steel nozzle. If you are going to be sticking with non-exotic filaments, you can stay with brass. If you are looking to print with a wood filament, you may want to get a nozzle with an opening larger than .04 to reduce the potential for clogs. For brands, I have been very happy with Micro Swiss.

You have a lot of choices on Amazon, just use what I said as a starting point for your search. Let me know if this helps. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A FREE 3D Printer?

We are Giving away 1 reviewed ULTIMAKER 3 ! To one lucky winner. Grab your entries!
Giveaway Expires In:
DONT MISS OUT..
close-link