•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mattias 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Mattias
    Participant

I bought a Geeetech i3 ProB October 2015 which has been my learning machine. I have had some issues with it and from solving them I have learned a lot about 3D printers.

Upgrades so far is Bowden-extruder and E3D V6 hotend. Printing mostly PLA and PET-G on glass covered with PVA-glue and water.

If anyone has got any questions about this printer please feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you.

//Mattias

Darius
    Participant

you cover your print bed with water? what for? what are your thoughts on a future printer, since you say this is your learning one? are you tending towards anything particular on the market right now, or would you go DIY?

Mattias
      Participant

I cover it with PVA-glue mixed with water at a ratio of around 1:1. This is the cheapest and easiest way I have found to make the print stick to the glass. PVA-glue should be available in any store that sell tools and material for carpentry and such.

This printer was a test to see how much I could do with it, it wasn’t to expensive but the 3D-printed parts are breaking and the factory fitted Mk8 hotend / extruder combo broke only a month after I got the printer. I would totally recommend it to someone who want’s a cheap printer but if you don’t now how to build and rebuild things it is better to go with a Wanhao Duplicator i3 as the first machine.

I am not sure yet about what the new machine will be but looking at some Delta printers that have lots of printable parts so I can print most of it myself. I have read that those printers have a much higher printquality than the i3-clones have.

//Mattias

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •