Search

makerbot Repl. 2 gap between infill and shell

3D Printer Chat – Join us to get the latest news! Forums 3D printers 3D printer support makerbot Repl. 2 gap between infill and shell

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  3D-PT 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

innovative
    Participant

My Replicator 2 has been printing flawlessly for a long time and them the hot end unit went bad so I ordered a new one and installed it and now all my prints have a gap between the shell and the infill. The odd thing is the gap is only in one axis. I printed the same part twice (at the same time and turned on 90 degrees to verify and the gap is on only one axis. At the same time I got a new laptop so I installed the latest version of makerware. I have uninstalled and tried makerware version 3.6 and 3.7 and 3.9 without improvement.

If I turn the part 45 degrees is only happens in the corners. Did installing a new hot end and nozzle cause this??? How do I correct this error? Is there some sort of calibration I need to go through.

innovative
    Participant

Anybody??

Daniel F
    Keymaster

I will check this with @Italo and get back to you!

3D-PT
    Participant

It may be a calibration problem in the head, or one of the belts. Or the head is tilted.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •