How long until you get the hang of it?

• Posted In: Your experiences

• Participant

Hi, I’m getting my new printer (aTronxy 3D Printer) in a couple of weeks and I’m very excited! I know I’m not going to be able to make perfect 3D prints right off the bat. I’m thinking it will take me a couple of weeks to get the hang of it. I’m also sure I will be doing more reading than printing when I first get the printer. I was wondering what the learning curve is for most people? I’ve been reading and reading all the blogs and lit I can pull up in my free time so I won’t be completely stumped when I first start out. How long did it take you to learn on your first 3D printer?

• Participant

It is better to put the question differently: “How long to train in the СAD system in which you draw.” And exercises with the terminal device are a matter of time. “

• Participant

As I studied at the end study from the University in 1993 Pcad 4.5 (for the PCB, and there was no mouse on that soviet XT-like computer), so still everything – and the boards, and the mechanics, and the illustratuons do in this CAD.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 10 hours ago by  Pavel.

• Participant

Yea your right Pavel. I’ve been going to TinkerCad for about a month now and drawing different stuff to practice. I enjoy it! I guess the software will be the biggest challenge in all this. STL, G-Code, CAD…..I’ve watched countless videos on YouTube trying to learn all I can! I don’t know what I would do without helpful websites and videos giving help with all the ins and outs! It’s great having a world of knowledge at our fingertips now!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.