•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ghostshadow 3 months ago.

• Author

3D-PT
    Participant

A while back a dutch designer sent me the files for his prototype 3D printer that folds up. What would be the communities interest in this design? I’ve been kicking it around, but I would need help with the software and electronics.

Contact me if your interested.

Daniel F
    Keymaster

Maybe you should chat with Tony Davies or Italo? 

3D-PT
    Participant

ok, would it be a blog for me or them?

3D-PT
    Participant

I have the files and some instructions from the designer, waiting for some hardware now. I hope to start by the end of the month.

Daniel F
    Keymaster

Oh wow Thats awesome i cant wait to see your build! It will be an amazing 3d printer im sure!

Darius
    Participant

there is a video from infamous modder Ben Heck on youtube making a foldable, portable 3d printer. check it out. i’m sure it has lots of useful ideas and inspiration.

3D-PT
    Participant

I saw that, but the foldie design is different…. and much better designed.

Darius
    Participant

oh, ok! cool! well then, please keep us updated. it sounds good.

ghostshadow
    Participant

Foldable printers are very intriguing! The first decent one I can think of is the original Printrbot jr and the Bukito.  They were / are two decent printers, but one thing they really lack is build size.  Another thing that has plagued other portable printers has been misalignment issues. Does this one have any safety guards in place to help combat misalignment issues?  I am definitely interested to see what this one may look like.

Do you or he plan on sharing the build process?  It sounds pretty cool so far!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •