COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT 3D PRINTING :D

• Posted In: Open talk

• Keymaster

Login and Help Us out build the FAQ for dummies https://3dprinterchat.com/3d-printing-for-dummies/ Comment here in this box after you logged on.

• Keymaster

Why cant you print with a copperwire?

• Participant

HAHA! I love those questions! One, in particular, was hilarious but I didn’t click on it. Just my luck someone would come along and check out my browser history and start to wonder why I’m looking that question up! lmao 😉 But, I’m thinking I’m about to break down and check out what kind of funny answer is there. And who knows, I could start a very lucrative business in my crazy neighborhood!

• Participant

I think you’d be ok to click on the link Rich. I did! 🙂 There were two 3D printed items in the link that I certainly wouldn’t print, but it was definitely a good laugh.

• Participant

Great post 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 hours, 48 minutes ago by  Rusty. Reason: wrong account, i want to post it from Educatibot´s account

• Participant

Hello Printer Chat friends. As we promised, we bring you the questions we collected from our own research about this subject. We also bring our own answers to them. We hope you enjoy them. We will publish our post in Spanish with our questions and yours in Spanish language very soon in our webpage, stay tuned!!

+And what is 3D printing useful for?
    -Teaching, engineering, medicine, toys, DIY, cooking, fashion, writing great posts in my blog…
    +Did you print something useful of only junk?
    -I did. I printed a thread for a drum, a piece for a broken lamp, a support for a go-pro, some boxes, an ashtray,
    +Can you print pancakes? I saw in “El Hormiguero”….
    -The printer in the video is the same as I have with an adapter, so if I bought or built the adapter, I could print pancakes
    +Can you print dishes, glasses or cups?
    -I can, but is a bit difficult to made a waterproof container with PLA, first time I printed a glass, the water poured from every single wall.
    +Is it bad for my health?
    -If you print certain materials in a closed room it could be. You need to have a properly ventilated place for 3D printing. And it for sure will be bad for your finger´s health to touch the nozzle when its hot.
    +Can it have a smoother finish?
    -It depends of the printer you use, the material, the technology (FDM, SLA…) mainly. You also cam use some methods for improving the finish after printing, like sanding or using acetone juice.
    +Can you post-process it?
    -Yes you can sand or paint it after printing. But it also depends on the material
    +Is the material expensive?
    -Not much, I consider it cheap. Near 20€/ 1kg
    +Which are your printing settings?
    -It depends on the print, I use to make 5% infill models, but I change the height of the layer depending on the model. I also use to put a 5cm brim in all my prints.

• Participant

Hi again, we forgot some questions
    +How many time does this take? Can you mentally calculate how many time will this print take?
    -NO, i can invent how many time will it take, but better wait until I ask to Repetier Host
    +Aren´t fragile the 3D printed pieces?
    -It depends on the internal structure, but you can do very solid pieces with the right settings.
    +Which size can you print? Which is your best resolution?
    -Our print area is 215x210x180, our best resolution is 0.2mm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.