Anyone using Blender?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mperkins37 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

BoozeKashi
    Participant

Looking for recommendations for good Blender tutorials that people have actually used. What worked for you? What have you used that should be avoided?

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Yep, I started using it recently. There are literally a ton of tutorials on YouTube and on the Blender site itself. I found most of these are geared towards 3D artists or people interested in architecture etc. But if you focus on those to do with sculpting and general introductory tutorials, I have found that generally sufficient for modelling purposes. The main challenge is remembering all the keyboard shortcuts. BlenderGuru on YouTube has a beginners series and if you sign up to his website, he has a shortcuts ready reference you can download. I personally use a workflow of using Fusion360 for general purpose modelling and then exporting bodies as obj files to import into Blender for detail/ surface modelling and finishing, then re-exporting to meshmixer for cleanup.

BoozeKashi
    Participant

Thank you Jason, exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I especially appreciate the workflow tip, that sounds like a good plan.

mperkins37
    Participant

never used it before/yet, always looking for new software to try

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.