Print My Ride – A 3D Printed Roller Coaster
This is the best project ever!
A 3DPrinted Roller Coaster? For a while, I’ve been stalking this project. Checking all pictures, videos, and stories on Instagram.
This guy from print_my_ride got 3DPrinting and robotics to a new level.
And today they release the STL’s for you to build one too.
I was able to reach Matthew James, one of the masters that worked on this awesome project, and had the amazing opportunity to get an interview with him.
print_my_ride – Interview
1) Where the idea came from?
2) Why use 3DPrinting?
With all this interest in Roller Coasters and experience with 3DPrinters, a 3DPrinted Roller Coaster was bound to happen!
3) How difficult was to design and build this Roller Coaster? What was the most challenging part?
4) What kind of electronics is in this project?
5) How many kilos/pounds of filament was used for this project?
6) How big is it?
7) What was your motivation for leaving the files accessible on MyMiniFactory(MMF)?
8) What is the next project you’ll be working on?
You don’t have the slightest idea about how excited I’m about this project! It’s so awesome, that ‘awesome’ don’t get close to the feelings that I have for this art that Matt has done!
If you want to get to know about them, stay tuned to their Instagram account: print_my_ride
If anyone has questions on the assembly of the coaster (if they are building it themselves) just shoot me a message on Instagram and I will see if I can help out.
Let me know in the comments below what you think about this project and if you have the courage to print this Roller Coaster and start your own amusement park.
I found out a video on Youtube about the project! \o/
Check out my previous post: Turn On the Lights: 3DPrinted Lamps
That’s all folks! <3